General Civil Engineering
- Acoustic Sound Pressure Level Chart Sound pressure is the local pressure deviation from the ambient (average, or equilibrium) atmospheric pressure, caused by a sound wave.
- Acoustic Loudness Sones Reference Table System Design Guidelines for Room Loudness.
- Acoustic System Design Equations Sound Power (W) - the amount of power a source converts to sound in watts.
- Activated Sludge Wastewater Treatment Plants In conventional (plug-flow) activated sludge plant, the primary-treated wastewater and acclimated micro-organisms (activated sludge or biomass) are aerated in a basin or tank. Premium Membership Required
- Area Development Planning (ADP) for Land and Buildings The process that is commonly used in developing new project sites. Premium Membership Required
- Basic House Building Structure Components and Terminology illustration represents some basic structural component use in the construction of a residential or other structure.
- Basement Wall Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Bridge Concrete Slab Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Commercial Lumber Sizes Standard reference and size data for commercially available lumber within the USA. All data is in imperial units (Inches).
- Asphalt and Concrete Pavement Recycling guidance for preparing plans and specifications and for ensuring the quality of recycled bituminous concrete. Premium Membership Required
- Capacity Calculations of Structural Members Spreadsheet Calculator
- Civil Engineering Formulas Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Building Stones Clays, A Handbook for Architects and Engineers, Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Design of Double Glass according to Canadian Code CAN/CGSB-12.20-M89 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Engineering Properties for Wood #1
- Engineering Properties for Wood #2
- Engineering Properties for Wood #3
- Fastener Design Engineering Manual - Premium Membership Required
- Euro Steel Beam Load and Rest on Bottom Flange Spreadsheet Calculator
- Fundamentals of Surveying Theory and Samples
- Column Load Take Down and Design for Rectangular Columns to EN 1992: 2004
- Coulomb Active Earth Pressure Spreadsheet Calculator
- Common Nails Required for Rafter Ceiling Joist Heel Joint Connections Industry standard nail size data chart for rafter ceiling joist and heel.
- Concrete Slab Volume Estimator Calculator Estimate the require concrete volume to fill the width, height and depth given.
- Concrete Footer Volume Estimator Calculator Calculate required concrete volume to fill footing data given.
- Concrete Column Volume Estimator Calculator Estimate the required concrete to fill the quantity, height and diameter of concrete columns.
- Concrete Rectangular Beam Section Analysis Calculator Concrete Rectangular Beam Section Analysis Calculator Beam or One-Way Type Shear per Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Concrete Structural Designers Guide, High Performance Premium Membership Required
- Continuous Beams Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- CSA Beam Column Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Curved Beam Stress and Deflection Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Cylindrical Column Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. E1992-1 : 2004
- Density of Wood as Function of Moisture Content Equation and Calculator
- Flexural Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Beam with FRP Laminates Spreadsheet Calculator
- Holding Power of Wood Screws The results of tests of the holding power of over 10,000 wood screws inserted in
the side and end grain of seven kinds of wood.
- Honeycomb Beam & Panel Calculations Spreadsheet Calculator
- Lag Screws in Wood Pullout Withdraw Resistance Force Formulae and Calculator. Lag screws are commonly used because of their convenience, particularly where it would be difficult to fasten a bolt or where a nut on the surface would be objectionable.
- Load Bearing Walls Review & Design Load-bearing wall (or bearing wall) is a wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
- Pavement and Road Design For Seasonal Frost Conditions Procedures for the design and construction of pavements placed on subgrade or base course materials subject to seasonal frost action. Premium Membership Required
- Load Analysis of Building (Análisis de carga de la Construcción) Spreadsheet Calculator
- Design Laterally Loaded Elastic Piles Spreadsheet Calculator
- Engineering Properties of Visually Graded Structural Lumber Douglas-Fir-Larch, Hem-Fir, Spruce-Pine-Fir
- Engineering Properties of Visually Graded Southern Pine Lumber. Lumber Visually Graded Dimension, Engineering Design Properties - Engineering design values are for normal load duration and dry service conditions
- Mechanical Engineers Pocket Book Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Plywood Minimum Bend Radius Design Practices. Plywood, after softening, may be bent on a cold ventilated form.
- Monolithic Corbels and Brackets According To ACI 318 - 99 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Padstone Structural Analysis EU Standards Calculator Spreadsheet
- Photogrammetry Calculations & Review Photogrammetry is the art and science of obtaining reliable measurements by photography (metric photogrammetry) and qualitative evaluation of image data (photo interpretation).
- Wood Pressed Drift Pins / Bolts Pullout Withdraw Resistance Force Formulae and Calculator. A drift bolt (or drift pin) is a long pin of iron or steel, with or without head or point. It is driven into a bored hole through one timber and into an adjacent one, to prevent the separation of the timbers connected and to transmit lateral load.
- Purlin Roof Structure Review A purlin (or purline) is a horizontal structural member in a roof.
- Reinforcing Rebar Engineering Data Rebar (short for reinforcing bar ), also known as reinforcing steel , reinforcement steel and colloquially in Australia as reo
- RC Shear Wall Analysis and Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Screws Fastener in Particle Board Maximum Torque and Pullout Withdraw Resistance Force Formulae and Calculator
Tapping screws are commonly used in particle board where withdrawal strength is important. Care must be taken when tightening screws in particle board to avoid stripping the threads.
- Seismic Design of Steel Structures Canadian Spreadsheet Calculator
- Seismic Loads for Liquid Containing Rectangular RC Tank According ACI 350 306 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Settlement Under Foundations Calculations Approximate relationship between loads on foundations and settlement is:
- Shear Wall Design & Review A shear wall is a wall composed of braced panels (also known as shear panels) to counter the effects of lateral load acting on a structure.
- Singly Reinforced Rectangular Section Flexural Design According to ACI 318-02 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Soil & Slope Stability Analysis
- Soil Cohesion Values Table Typical soil cohesion values for different soils
- Standard Nail Sizes Engineering Table Box nail size identification chart and nail types,
- Structural Bearings and Expansion Joints Premium membership required
- Structural Lumber Engineering Properties Structural Lumber Wood Engineering Properties. Modulus of Elasticity of Wood, Wood Engineering Design Data.
- Structural Engineers Handbook Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Shear Strengthening of T-beam with FRP Spreadsheet Calculator
- Properties of Structural Wood - Specific Gravity and Weight of Wood
- Switch Stand Loading (Wind and Seismic) Spreadsheet Calculator
- Symmetrically Reinforced Rectangular Column Design, Bent About Two Axis Spreadsheet Calculator per. 1992-1 : 2004
- Slip-critical Connection With Long-slotted Connection Spreadsheet Calculator
- Structural Shapes Moment Connections Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- T-Beam Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Transmission Line Single Pole Analysis Spreadsheet Calculator
- Subframe Analysis Spreadsheet Calculator per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- Thermal Properties of Common Building Materials
- Wood Screw Pullout Withdraw Resistance Force Formulae and Calculator
- Bolts and Screws Design Rules for Wood Installation, Allowable Loads and Stress in Wood with Fastener, Screw Spacing in Wood , Allowable Loads and Stress in Wood with Fastener - Wood Post-1991 Equations and Calculator
Civil Engineering Design
- AISC Base Plate for Compression Spreadsheet Calculator
- AC Substation Grounding Requirements Calculator Spreadsheet Premium Membership required
- Analysis and Design of Concrete T-Beams Spreadsheet Calculator
- Baseplate with Large Moment to AISC LRFD Spreadsheet Calculator
- Bearing Capacity of Soils ultimate bearing capacity under a long footing at the surface of a soil is given by Prandtl's equation:
- Bearing Capacity of Soils Analysis and Review Design Document
- C Purlins Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Circular Mander Concrete Stress-Strain Section Calculator
- Circular Composite Beams and Columns Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Cement Engineers Handbook Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Column Stress for Buildings AISC specification for allowable-stress design (ASD) for buildings provides two formulas for computing allowable compressive stress
- Cantilever Concrete Slab Design per IS 456:2000 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Composite Rectangular Beam and Columns Spreadsheet Calculator
- Concrete Anchor Pullout Tension Design Calculator Concrete Anchor subjected to Tension Pullout Force per ACI 318-02.
- Concrete Anchor in Tension and Shear Near Edge Concrete Anchor Tension Pullout Force Design Calculator per ACI 318-02.
- Concrete Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02 Calculator Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02
- Concrete Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02 Calculator Case # 5 Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02
- Concrete Column Base Plate Design Base plates are usually used to distribute column loads over a large area.
- Concrete Floor Slabs Design Requirements and Equation Floor slabs on grade should be analyzed for adequate structural live loads.
- Concrete Foundation Anchor Bolts Design and Selection Anchor bolt is used to attach objects or structures to concrete.
- Concrete Pad Foundation Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Concrete Reinforced Beam Design to BS8110 Calculator
- Concrete Creep, Shrinkage Factors and Tensile Strength Calculation per. BS EN 1992
- Concrete Slab on Grade according to New Zealand Standards Spreadsheet Calculator
- Cooling Tower Water Treatment Premium Membership Required
- Core Shear Wall Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Design Guide Structural Stainless Steel
- Diesel Electric Generating Plants - Premium Membership Required
- Fixed Steel Column Base Design Calculator
- Flagpole Base Design Calculator Flagpole Base Design requirements per IBC and UBC
- Flat Concrete Slab Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- Flexural Crack Width in Concrete Calculator per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- Foundation Design for Building and Structures
- Manual of Concrete Design, ACI
- One-way Slab Design Spreadsheet per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- One-Way Slab Design Rigorous Spreadsheet per. BS EN 1992-1: 2004
- Retaining Wall Concrete Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Pile Cap Design Spreadsheet to Eurocode Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Standard ReBar Shapes Formula and Calculators Premium Membership Required
- Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Analysis Beam Torsion and Shear
Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Torsion and Shear
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Analysis Crack Control - Distribution of Flexural Reinforcing Flexure, Shear, Crack Control, and Inertia for Singly or Doubly Reinforced Sections
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Rectangular Concrete Beam and Slab Section Analysis Crack Control, and Inertia for Singly or Doubly Reinforced Sections
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Rectangular Mander Concrete Stress-Strain Section Calculator
- Reinforced Concrete Analysis and Design for Torsion Spreadsheet Calculator
- Reinforced RC Beam / Slab with FRP Plates Analysis and Design for Torsion Spreadsheet Calculator
- Retaining Wall & Excavation Support Design and Analysis Forces include earth pressures, seepage and uplift pressures, surcharge loads, and weight of the wall.
- Reinforced Concrete Element Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Reinforced Concrete Elements Design and Analysis Spreadsheet Calculator
- Reinforced Concrete Handbook, for Engineers, Architects, and Contractors Premium Membership Required to view Document/Book
- Load & Resistance Factor Design for Shear in Buildings American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)specifications for load-and-resistance factor design (LRFD)for buildings.
- Shear Wall Analysis and Design Excel Spreadsheet Calculator Note: Accessing this resource requires an active Premium Membership with Engineers Edge
- Slab Punching Shear Calculation Spreadsheet Calculator
- Slab Canopy Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Slope Deflection Method Método de Deflexión Pendiente Spreadsheets Calculator
- Soil Compaction Testing Core Method sand-cone method is used to determine in the field the density of compacted soils in earth
- Soil Permeability Review The coefficient of permeability k is a measure of the rate of flow of water through saturated soil under a given hydraulic gradient
- Soil Settlement Under Foundations For the purpose of wind or earthquake engineering, columns may be designed to resist lateral forces.
- Soil, Stress Conditions Analysis Stress conditions in soils at a point, stresses beneath structures and embankments
- Soils and Foundations,
Reference Manual Vol. I
- Soils and Foundations
Reference Manual Vol. IINaresh C. Samtani*, PE, PhD,
Edward A. Nowatzki*, PE, PhD
- Stair Flight & Landing Design Spreadsheet Calculator per. EN 1992-1: 2004
- Staircase Analysis and Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Strap Footing Design Spreadsheet Calculator
- Structural Column Base Plate Columns are frequently used to support beams or arches on which the upper parts of walls or ceilings rest.
- Structural Load Bearing Plates To resist a beam reaction, the minimum bearing length N in the direction of the beam span for a bearing plate is determined by equations.
- Structural Design Criteria for Buildings Criteria for the design of buildings using cast-in-place or precast construction with plain, reinforced, or prestressed concrete.
- Structural Rectangular Spread Footing Analysis calculator will analysis the rigid rectangular spread footings with up to 8 total piers
- Welding Splice Design of Beam Spreadsheet Calculator
- Tension and Shear In A Slip-critical Connection Spreadsheet Calculator
- Topographic Wind Factor (Kzt) according to ASCE 7-10 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Thrust block Excel Spreadsheet Calculators
- Wind Loading on Fences and Hoarding's Premium membership required.
- Computational for Design Wind Pressure as per UBC 1997
- Wind Loads on vertical Walls Equation
- Wind Loads on Partially Open Building ASCE 7-10 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Wind Loading Analysis MWFRS & Clad
WIND LOADING ANALYSIS - MWFRS and Components/Cladding
Per ASCE 7-02
- Wind Loading Analysis per ASCE 7-98 Main Wind-Force Resisting System
Per ASCE 7-98 Code for Low-Rise Buildings
- Wind Load on Electrical Wire Support Pole Calculator Spreadsheet Premium Account Required
- Wind and Seismic Load on Gable Steel Frame Calculator
- Wind Map US and Regional Basic Wind Speed Data Chart USA and regional wind data.
- Wind Loads on Gable Frame to Australian Wind Code AS1170.2 Spreadsheet Calculator
- Ultimate Moment of Resistance of Beam Spreadsheet Calculator
- Z Purlins Design Spreadsheet Calculator