HVAC System, Components Design and Engineering Data
The following are HVAC Systems and Components Design Data and other resources.
Should you find any errors omissions broken links, please let us know - Feedback
** Search this PAGE ONLY, click on Magnifying Glass **
- Accurate Heating and Cooling Load Calculations - Premium Membership Required
- Air Conditioning Size Calculator and Estimator Chart This calculator is provided for use to calculate basic size in BTU to adequately cool a room of know size.
- Air Conditioning System Design and Analysis Document This is an introduction to air conditioning systems (frequently referred to as HVAC systems – heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems).
- Ammonia Anhydrous Properties at Saturation Excel Reference Tables - Ammonia Anhydrous Properties Include, saturation at temperature, saturation at pressure, saturation at subcool superheat and more
- Appliance Natural Gas Pipe Flow Rate Capacities for up to 200 ft of pipe based on a specific gravity of 0.60.
- Duct Design Air Flow Velocities - Typical Duct sizes to achieve air flow requirements typical
- Psychrometric Chart US and SI Units at Sea Level - Printable, 11" x 17" Barometric Pressure: 29.921 Inches of Mercury (101.04 lPa), Enthalpy - BTU per Pound of Dry Air, Saturation Temperature, Enthalpy BTU per. Pound of Dry Air. Premium Membership Required
- Psychrometric Chart US and SI Units at 5000' Above Sea Level - Printable, 11" x 17" , Enthalpy - BTU per Pound of Dry Air, Saturation Temperature, Enthalpy BTU per. Pound of Dry Air. Premium Membership Required
- Psychrometric Chart US and SI Units at 7500' Above Sea Level - Printable, 11" x 17"
- ASHRAE Refrigerant Applications ASHRAE Refrigerant , Components (Weight %), and Applications
- Basic Mechanical Refrigerant System As the piston moves down, low-pressure gas (refrigerant) is emitted through the compressor valve to fill up the cylinder.
- Custom Sheet Metal Fabrication Review Custom sheet metal fabrication services providers are organizations that fabricate components by forming, cutting, rolling, bending, punching, trimming, stamping and welding sheet metal.
- Dampers HVAC Industrial HVAC dampers are also used to regulate room temperatures or other environmental parameters.
- Distance Bend to Mold Line Equation and calculator for determining the bend line to mold allowance when forming sheet metal.
- Flow Rate of Steam in Schedule 40 Pipe Tables
- Gauge Charts Sheet metal gauge size reference chart gives the weight and thickness of sheet metal given as a "gauge" and indicates the standard thickness.
Heat Gain or Loss HVAC Duct ASHRAE Formula and Calculator. All HVAC ducts exposed to outdoor conditions, as well as those passing through unconditioned or semiconditioned spaces, should be insulated.
- Heat Loss from Bare Copper Tube to Still Air at 80°F, Btu/h· ft
- Heat Loss from Bare Steel Pipe to Still Air at 80°F, Btu/h· ft
- HVAC Air Conditioning Engineering Air conditioning (of which refrigeration is an inseparable part) has its origins in the fundamental work on thermodynamics which was done by Boyle, Carnot and others
- HVAC ASHRAE Psychrometric Chart ASHRAE Psychrometric Chart No.1 Normal Temperature Barometric Pressure: 29.921 Inches of Summary
- HVAC Air Change Out Frequency (minutes) General recommendations for total volume of air change out for selected type indoor air spaces.
- HVAC Air Duct Flow Resistance Chart HVAC duct flow resistancechart. Friction in Inches of Water per 100 Feet Friction of Air in Straight Duct
- HVAC Damper Pressure Drop Typical HVAC damper pressure drop vs flow velocity graph. Units are inches and fpm (feet per minute).
- HVAC Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Load Calculator - Membership required to download
- HVAC Air Handling Unit Design Excel Calculator
- HVAC Rectangular to Round Duct Equivalent HVAC Rectangular to Round Duct Equivalents
- HVAC Screen Pressure Drop HVAC screen pressure drop graph.
- HVAC / Air Conditioner Size Calculator SpreadsheetRequires an active Premium Membership
- Improving Fan System Performance Fans specification, installation and design equations
- Louver HVAC Industrial Louvers are normally installed into a wall or other location to provide positive ventilation for a room or encloses area.
- Natural Gas Pipe Flow Rate Requirement Formulas and Calculator
- Portable Air Conditioners A portable air conditioner, also called "Spot Coolers" is a ac unit on wheels that can be easily transported inside a home or office.
- Pressure Drop Equivalent Length of Pipes and Fittings Pressure Drop Equivalent Length of Pipes and Fittings Screwed , turbulent ﬂflow only, equipment length in feet.
- Principles of Refrigeration Technical Guide Premium membership required
- Refrigerant Line Capacities for 134a Refrigerant Line Capacities for 134a Adapted from ASHRAE HVAC Refrigeration Handbook
- Residential Duct Systems Design Calculations Excel Spreadsheet, ACCA Manual D, 3rd Edition
- R22 Refrigerant Line Capacities Refrigerant Line Capacities for R22 Tons for 100 ft. - Type L. Copper, Suction Lines, Δt = 2°F
- R-502 Refrigerant Line Capacities R-502 Refrigerant Line Capacities Tons for 100 ft. - Type L. Copper, Suction Lines, Δ t = 2°F
- R-717 (Ammonia) Refrigerant Line Capacities R-717 (Ammonia) Refrigerant Line Capacities Tons for 100 ft.
- Sheet Metal Design Menu links of sheet metal design resources, tools, articles and other useful data.
- Sheet Metal Definitions Terms Sheet metal mechanical tolerances of flatness, minimum bend radii for Aluminum, stainless steel
Working Internal Pressure for Copper Tube Solder or Brazing Joints Based on ASME Standard B31.9