Related Resources: calculators
Density of Wood Equation and Calculator
Density of Wood as Function of Moisture Content Equation and Calculator
The following formula can be used to find the density of wood in lb/ft3 as a function of its moisture content.
ρ = 62.4 ( G / ( 1 + G x 0.009 x M ) ) x ( 1 + M / 100 )
ρ = density, (lb/ft3)
G = specific gravity of wood, (lb/ft3)
M = moisture content expressed in percent.
- Structural Wood Lumber Engineering Properties Table Chart | Modulus of Elasticity of Wood | Wood Engineering Design Data | Elastic ratios
- Shrinkage Values of Domestic Hardwoods
- Soft Wood Feeds and Speeds
- Pilot Hole Drill Sizes Wood Screws
- Commercial Lumber Sizes Chart Table
Link to this Webpage: