ISO Metric Hardware Engineering Data
Fastener and Screw / Bolt Design, Formula & Calculations
- The following are to links to engineering hardware design and reference data. Hardware design data may be given in inch or metric units.
- Should you find any errors omissions broken links, please let us know - Feedback
** Search this PAGE ONLY, click on Magnifying Glass **
ANSI Hardware Documents List
- American National Standard Unhardened Ground Dowel Pins per ANSI/ASME B18.8.2
- Illustrative Bolts & Screw Type Guide Illustrative guide with descriptions to screw and bolt types.
- Illustrative Nut Fastener Type Guide Illustrative guide to typical and special application fastener nuts used in machinery
- Illustrative Washer Type Guide Illustration guide to the application of washers for designers
- Illustrative Specialty Screw Type Guide Illustration guide to the application of screws.
- Illustrative Screw Type Guide Illustration guide to the application of screws
- ACME General Purpose Thread Stress & Shear Area Equation and Calculator Calculate the Shear and Stress Area of an ACME Thread
- ACME Stub Threads Chart ASME/ANSI B1.8 for the Stub Acme screw thread
- External ACME Thread General Purpose Size Table Chart Standard sizes for External ACME General Purpose Threads
- Internal ACME Thread General Purpose Size Chart Standard sizes for Internal ACME General Purpose Threads
- ACME General Purpose Thread Design Calculator ACME Thread General Purpose Design Calculator
- Set Screws Inch Size Table per. ANSI / ASME B18.3 with hexagon and spline socket drives.
- Acorn High Button Head Rivet ANSI/ASME Standard #ASME B18.1.1 Small Acorn Head Rivets
- Single-Riveted Lap-Joint Formulas for Stress and Strength Design Equations and Calculator
- Double-Riveted Lap-Joint Formulas and Calculator for Stress and Strength Design
- Single-Riveted Lap-Joint with Inside Cover Plate Formulas and Calculator for Stress and Strength Design
- Double-Riveted Lap-Joint with Inside Cover Plate Formulas and Calculator for Stress and Strength Design.
- ANSI External Screw Threads Size Chart Unified Screw Threads per. ANSI/ASME B1.1
Inch Size UN External Screw Threads Formulas and Calculator per. ASME B1.1
- ANSI Internal Screw Threads Size Chart Unified Screw Threads per. ANSI/ASME B1.1
UN Internal Screw Threads Formulas and Calculator per. ASME B1.1
- ANSI B16.5 Flange Data 1/2 - 2 1/2" #1 ANSI B16.5 Flange Dimensional Data Size table
- ANSI B16.5 Flange Data 3 - 10" #2 NSI B16.5 Pipe Flange Dimensional Data
- Typical Torque for Hexagon Head Screws with UNF Threads Table Torque for steel shank screws with UNC/UNF threads and head
- Bolt / Stud Tensioners Bolt Tensioners are used to apply and maintain a desired tension on a fastener, stud,
- Button Head Solid Rivet ASME B18.1.1 Button Head Rivet
- Class 5 External Interference Fit Threads ANSI B1.12 Class 5 Interference-Fit Threads ANSI/ASME B1.12
- Coiled Spring Pins per ANSI/ASME B18.8.2
- Internal Thread Dimensions for Class 5 Interference-Fit Threads Internal Thread Dimensions for Class 5 Interference-Fit Threads
- ISO Metric Wrench Size Table Chart Metric wrench size for Metric Hex Head Bolts.
- Clevis Pin Size Chart ANSI Clevis Pin Size Chart Table
- Cone Head Rivet Size Chart ASME B18.1.1 Cone Head Rivet
- Cotter Pin ANSI B18.8.1 Cotter Pins Size Chart per ANSI B18.8.1
- Dowel Pins, Machined Size Chart ANSI ASME Machine Dowel Pins Chart per. ANSI B18.8.2
- Major Diameter Tolerances for External Threads of Special Diameters (UNS/UNRS)
- Fasteners Comprehensive Technicians Guide
- Fastener Thread Designations and Definitions Pitch, Minor, Major Diameters Screw Thread Designations Major Dia. Pitch Dia.
- Flat Countersunk Head Rivet Small Rivet Size Chart ASME B18.1.1
- Flat Head Screw ANSI Flat Head Screws
- Flat Plain Washers Type A American National Standard Type A Plain Washers - Preferred Sizes ANSI/ASME B18.22.1
- Flat Plain Washers Type B Type B Plain Flat Washers, ANSI/ASME B18.22.1
- Force Required to Strip the Bolt Threads Formula and Calculator
- Force Required to Strip the Bolt Threads Any Length Formula and Calculator
- Heavy Nut Heavy Hex Nut dimensions per ASME B18.2.2
- Heavy Slotted Nut Heavy Slotted Nut Size Data Chart Per. ASME 18.2.2
- Hex Bolt Identification Table Hex Bolt Identification, Markings and Strength Chart
- Hex Jam Nut ASME B18.2.2 Hex Nut and Jam Nut dimensions per ASME B18.2.2
- Hex Screw Head Sizes Table Hex Screw Head Sizes for Height and Head Hex.
- Internal and External Thread Classes Three classes of external (1A, 2A, and 3A) and internal threads (1B, 2B, and 3B)
- Length of Screw Thread Engagement per. ISO 965-1 Calculator, Formula and Table Length of engagement of mating threads is selected to utilize full tensile strength of a bolt prior to shearing and nut threads.
- Key and Spline Drive Bit Tool Size Table per. ASME B18.3
- Lag Screw Metric Size and Dimensions per. ANSI B22.214.171.124M
- Lag Screws per. ANSI/ASME B18.2.1 Standard Inch Size Hex
- Lowenherz or Löwenherz Thread Size Table
- Bolt Multiple Diameters Change of Length Under Axial Force Formula and Calculator
- Material Tensile Shear and Yield Strength of Engineering Materials Table
- Minimum Prevailing Torque Values for ANSI Inch Nuts Fine and Course threads.
- Metric M Series Thread Stress and Shear Areas
- Oval Countersunk Head Rivet ASME B18.1.1 Oval Countersunk Head Rivet
- Pan Head Rivet ASME B18.1.1 American Small Rivet per. ANSI B18.1.1
- Phillips Flat Head ASME B 18.6.3 100 deg Flat Countersunk Head Screws Table per. ASME B 18.6.3
- Phillips Pan Head Phillips Cross Recessed Fillister Head Size Data Table ASME B 18.6.3
- Pilot Holes for American Wood Screws Pilot Holes Chart for standard American wood screws
- Plain Socket Head ANSI Socket Head Screw Engineering Dimensional Data
- Press Fit Holes Hardened Ground Machine Dowel Pins ANSI/ASME B18.8.2
- Roll (Spring) Pin ANSI/ASME B18.8.2 spring roll per. pins ANSI/ASME B18.8.2
- Shoulder Screw Socket Head Socket Head Shoulder Screws size chart per. ASME B18.3
- Spark Plug Threads Sizes and Tapped Hole Table
- Dimension and Tolerances Table for T-Slots, Bolts, and Nuts T-Slots, Bolts, and Nuts per. American National Standard T-Slots ANSI/ASME B5.1M
- Dimension and Tolerances for T-Bolts T-Bolts ANSI B5.1M-1985 Dimensions Table
- Light Lamp Socket Threads Table Lamp Base and Socket Shell Threads. The “American Standard” threads for lamp base and socket shells are sponsored by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the National Electrical Manufacturers’ Association
- Rod of Nonuniform Diameter, Change of Length Under Axial Force Formula and Calculator
- Selected ANSI UNC/UNF/8UN Thread Stress and Shear Areas
- Split Lock Washer ASME B18.2.2 Helical Spring Lock Washers ANSI/ASME B18.21.1
- Slotted Hex Nut Slotted Hex Nut Size Dimensional Table ASME B18.2.2.
- Slot Gages and Gaging for Slotted Nuts per. ASME B18.2.2
- Slotted Pan Head Pan Head Machine Screw ANSI B18.6.3
- Square Nut B18.2.2 Heavy Square Nuts ANSI/ASME B18.2.2
- Square and Hexagon Machine Screw Nuts Size Table ANSI B18.6.3
- Strength Specifications for Bolts ASTM A490 series bolts are equivalent to ASTM A325 bolts in application and geometry
- Tooth Washer Internal - External Size Data Star Washers NSI/ASME B18.21.1 Size Data
- U-Bolt Application and Design U-bolts are manufactured from wire and round stock by cold or hot forming methods.
- Wing Nut Type A Dimensional Data Wing Dimensional Data per. ANSI B18.17
- Wing Nut Type B Dimensional Data Wing Dimensional Data per. ANSI B18.17
- AGMA ASA Keyway and Bore Design Data ASA Keyway and Bores Design Data including dimension
- Woodruff Keys ANSI B17.2 Woodruff Key Size Table Chart ANSI B17.2
- ANSI Shaft and Hub Keyseat Dimensions for Woodruff Keys per. ANSI B17.2
- Thread Shear Area for External and Internal Formulas and Calculator per. ASME B1.1
Hardware Design Information Misc.
- ANSI Flat, Pan, and Oval Head Wood Screws per. ANSI B18.6.1 Size Table
- ANSI Flat, Pan, and Oval Head Wood Screws per. ANSI B18.6.1 Size Table #2
- Pilot Hole Drill Sizes for Wood Screws per. ANSI B18.6.1 Size Table
- Aircraft - Military Hardware Identification and Selection Guides Military MS and NAS Part Identification
- Aircraft - Mil Bolt Identification Guide Typical and common aircraft ( AN and NAS ) type bolts and their identifying markings.
- Allen Hexagon Tools Size Table, Hex Key, Hexagon Keys Inch Series Tools
- American Wood Screw Wood screws two inches or less in length,
- Bolt or Pin In Double Shear Equation and Calculator Double Shear Equation and Calculator
- Bolt or Pin In Single Shear Equation and Calculator Single Shear Equation and Calculator.
- Countersunk Screws Torque Table Metric, ISO Preloads and tightening torque for Metric ISO countersunk head steel screws
- Guide to Design Criteria for Bolted and Riveted Joints
- Standard Press Fit Wearing Bushings Type H per. ANSI B94.33
- Locking Mechanisms for Jig Bushings per ANSI B94.33
- Typical Torque for Hexagon Head Screws with UNC Threads Preloads and tightening torque for steel shank screws with UNC/UNF threads
- ISO Hardware Engineering Information Metric External (Fasteners) Thread Designations Sizes M1.6 - M18 Metric External (Fasteners) Thread and Fastener Sizes M20 - M55
- Lumber Structural Properties Structural Lumber Wood Engineering Properties. Modulus of Elasticity of Wood, Wood Engineering Design Data.
- Lumber Standard Sizes Commercial Lumber Sizes Chart Table
- Nail Size and Identification Chart Box nail size identification chart
- Taper Pipe Thread Data National Standard Taper Pipe Threads Size NPT Chart
- Basic Dimensions, American National Standard Taper Pipe Threads, NPT
- Pipe Threads - External External Pipe NPT Thread Dimensional Data Table
- Internal Dryseal Pipe Thread Tap Drill Sizes Recommendations Dryseal Pipe Threads
- Centrifugal Capacity Retaining Snap Rings Equations for Centrifugal Capacity Retaining Snap Rings
- Centrifugal Capacity Retaining Snap Rings Calculator Preloads and tightening torque for steel shank screws with UNC/UNF threads
- Retaining Snap Ring Review and Application Retaining Rings are used to act as a mechanical stop or limit movement
- Internal Retaining Snap Ring sizes and Bore Design Sizes .250 -1.500 Internal Retaining Snap Ring Sizes and Groove Design Chart
- Internal Retaining Snap Ring sizes and Bore Design Sizes 1.562 - 3.000 Internal Retaining Snap Ring Sizes and Groove Design Chart
- Internal Retaining Snap Ring sizes and Bore Design 3.062 - 5.000 Internal Retaining Snap Ring Sizes and Groove Design Chart
- Internal Retaining Snap Ring sizes and Bore Design 5.250 - 8.250 Internal Retaining Snap Ring Sizes and Groove Design Chart
- Metric Tapered Retaining Snap Rings Size Chart Metric size retaining snap rings per. ANSI B27.7 size chart.
- Pitch Diameter of Threads Calculator and Formula
- Retaining Snap Ring Stress and Failure Formulas and Calculator
- Retaining Snap Ring Groove Stress and Failure Formulas and Calculator
- Roller Chain Dimension Table Roller Chain Dimensions per. ASME/ANSI B29.1M
- Chain Attachments per. ANSI and ASME
- Chain Attachments per. ANSI and ASME
- ANSI Roller Chain Sprocket Diameters and Dimensions per. ANSI/ASME B29.1M
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For Standard Single-Strand Roller Chain for 1/4" Pitch Number 25
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 3/8" Pitch Standard Single-Strand Roller Chain Number 35
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 1/2" Standard Single-Strand Roller Chain Number 40
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 1/2" Pitch Light Weight Machinery Roller Chain No. 41
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 5/8" Pitch Standard Single Strand Roller Chain No. 50
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 3/4" Pitch Standard Single Strand Roller Chain No. 60
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 1 " Pitch Standard Single Strand Roller Chain No. 80
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 1 - 1/4 " Pitch Standard Single Strand Roller Chain No. 100
- Horsepower Ratings for ANSI Roller Chains Table For 1-1/2 " Pitch Standard Single Strand Roller Chain No. 120
- Roller Chain Drive Service Factors Table
- Tolerances for Caliper Diameters of Precision Chain Sprockets ANSI/ASME B29.1M
- Self Tapping Screw Design Considerations When designing for self-tapping screws, a number of factors are important:
- Screw Thread Stress Area Table Critical bolt thread stress area chart is given below for sizes 0-60 UNF to 1 1/2 - UNF.
- Capacities of ASTM A36 Steel Threaded Rods used for Pipe Support Hangers Based on allowable stress of 12,000 psi reduced by 25% using root area in accordance with ASME Standard B31.1 and MSS Standard SP-58.
- Suggested Maximum Spacing Between Hanger Supports for PVC and CPVC Support spacings for PVC and CPVC pipe systems are influenced by operating temperatures. The tables below recommends horizontal spacing based on pipe size, schedule, material (PVC or industrial grade CPVC), and operating temperature.
- Thread Designations and Symbols A-N Screw Thread Designations and Symbols
- Thread Designations and Symbols N-Z Screw Thread Designations and Symbols
- ANSI, ISO Thread Designations and References Screw Thread Designations and Symbols
- Torque Values Stainless Steel Bolt Table Chart Recommended Bolt Torque Values for Stainless Steel
- Approximate Pilot Hole Sizes for Type C Steel Thread Forming Screws In Sheet Metal for Thread Forming Screws
- Pilot Holes Asbestos Fiberglass Compositions with Self Tapping Screws
- Pilot Hole Sizes In Plywood (Resin Impregnated) for Type A Steel Sheet Metal Thread Forming Screws
- Pilot Hole Sizes for Steel Sheet Metal Crews in Sheet Metal
- Sheet Metal Self Threading ANSI Screws Dimensions for B and BP Threads
- Sheet Metal Thread Dimensions for Types AB, A and U Thread Forming Tapping Screws per. ANSI B18.6.4 and ASTM F593
- Sheet Metal Self Threading ANSI Screws Dimensions for B and BP Thread Forming and BF and BT Thread Cutting Tapping Screws per. ANSI B18.6.4 and ASTM F593
- Forged Bolt Type Chain Shackles and Bolt Type Anchor Shackles Dimensions of Forged Bolt Type Chain Shackles and Bolt Type Anchor Shackles
- Strength Grade Designation System of Steel Bolts and Screws
- Typical Elongation Chart for Common Bolting Materials
- Thrust Load Capacity of Retaining RingsThrust Load Capacity: The thrust load capacities shown in the table below include safety factors.
- Thrust Load Capacity of Inch Series Internal Self-Locking Retaining Rings
- Washers Controlling loosening of Full Threaded Bolted Joints
- Wrench Openings Table for Hex and Square Nuts per. ASME B18.2.2 Dimensional data may also be used to define 3D Printing Model nut capture geometry width.
Other Hardware Standards
Link to this Webpage:
© Copyright 2000 -
2023, by Engineers Edge, LLC
All rights reserved