Related Resources: calculators
Convert Rectangular Ducts to Round Sizes to Round Sizes Formula and Calculator
Convert Rectangular or Square Ducts to Round Sizes, Formula and Calculator
Huebscher (1948) developed the relationship between rectangular and round ducts that is used to determine size equivalency based on equal flow, resistance, and length. This relationship is defined in Equation (1),
Preview: Convert Rectangular or Square Duct to Round Sizes Calculator
De = 1.30 ( a b )0.625 / ( a + b )0.250
De = circular duct diameter for equal length, fluid
resistance, and airflow, in.
a = length one side of duct, in.
b = length adjacent side of duct, in.
- Convert Flat Oval Ducts to Round Sizes Formula and Calculator
- Heat Gain or Loss HVAC Duct ASHRAE Formula and Calculator
- Duct Design Air Flow Velocities
- Residential Duct Systems Design
- Ventilation Duct Stack Pressure Review, Formulas and Calculator
- HVAC Air Duct Flow Resistance Chart
- Round Duct Heat Transfer Coefficient Wall Temperature Heat Transfer Equation and Calculator
- ASME Code for Pressure Piping, B31.5, Refrigeration Piping and Heat Transfer Components