GD&T Floating Fastener Condition Tolerance Calculator
For the equations behind this calculator, see:
Interpretation and Application of
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
This calculator will determine the unknown variable of a floating fastener design condition using ASME Y14.5 - 2009 and ISO 1101 and derivative GD&T standards.
Negative Tolerance Numbers Indicate an Interference Condition
This calculator will calculate the unknown for the given conditions.
Two (2) inputs are required,& See the application illustration at bottom of page.
The following are definitions for the elements:
Fastener (Shaft) Diameter - This is the maximum size (MMC) of the bolt, shaft or other feature of size.
Hole Diameter - This is the smallest hole (MMC) for the given feature of size.
TOL = Hole Tolerance, This is the hole positional tolerance applied to all related hole features.
Applies to both plates #1 and #2.
- True Position GD&T Tolerance Calculator
- Tolerance Calculator Fixed Fastener Condition
- Tolerance Calculator Projected Tolerance Zone
- Tolerance Calculator 2 Mating Features @ MMC
- Tolerance Calculator 3 Mating Features @MMC
- Tolerance Calculator - True Position
- Tolerance Calculator - Spherical True Position
- Hole / Feature Pattern Plot
- GD&T Geometric Dimensioning Tolerancing Basics Training
- GD&T Geometric Dimensioning Tolerancing Intermediate Training
- GDT ASME Y14.5-2009 Applications Training
- G&T Geometric Tolerancing ISO 1101 Training
- Online GD&T Fundamentals Training