Related Resources: belt design
Synchronous Timing Belt Pitches
Standard Synchronous Timing Belt Pitches Imperial Units per. ANSI RMA IP-24, ISO 5299 and IS 9804.
- Synchronous Timing Belt Tooth Section Dimensions Table per ANSI / RMA IP-24
- Synchronous Timing Belt Pulley Dimensions Table per ANSI / RMA IP-24
- Synchronous Timing Belt Lengths and Tolerances per. ANSI RMA IP-24 Table
ANSI RMA IP-24 Conventional trapezoidal, or rectangular tooth, timing belts come in six cross sections, which relate to the pitch of the belt. Pitch is the distance from center to center of the teeth. The six basic cross sections or pitches are MXL (mini extra light), XL (extra light), L (light), H (heavy), XH (extra heavy), and XXH (double extra heavy)
Synchronous belt sizes per. ANSI RMA IP-24 are identified by a standard number. The first digits specify the belt length to 0.1 inch (2.54 mm) followed by the belt section (pitch) designation. The digits following the belt section designation represent the nominal belt width times 100. For example, an L section belt 30.000 inches pitch length and 0.75 inch in width would be specified as a 300L075 synchronous belt.
The RMA nomenclature for double-sided belts is the same as for single-sided belts with the addition of the prefix “D” in front of the belt section. However, some manufacturers use their own designation system for double-sided belts.
All dimensions are given in inch units
Synchronous Belt Standard Pitch Lengths and Tolerances ANSI/RMA IP-24, ISO 5299 and IS 9804.
ANSI / RMA IP-24
Machinerys Handbook, 27th Edition
- Torque Rating Synchronous Timing Belt Equation and Calculator
- Synchronous Timing Belt Pitches
- Horsepower Rating Synchronous Timing Belt Equations and Calculator
- V Belt Application and Design Considerations
- Motor Shaft Load Due to Belt Loading Equations and Calculator
- Power Transmission by Leather Belting
- V & Flat Belt Design Equations and Formulae
- Flat Belt Design Equations
- Service Factors Synchronous Timing Belts
- V Belt Rated Horsepower Equations | Design Pulley Speed Ratio |Power Calculations V-Belt | Dynamic or Two-Plane Balancing Equation
- Synchronous Timing Belt Pulley Standard Diameters
- Timing Belt Pulley Tolerances per. ANSI RMA IP-24
- Synchronous Timing Belt Standard Widths and Tolerances
- Synchronous Timing Belt Tooth Section Dimensions Table per ANSI / RMA IP-24, ISO 5299 and IS 9804
- Synchronous Timing Belt Lengths and Tolerances per. ANSI RMA IP-24, ISO 5299 and IS 9804