Fluid Power Equipment | Engineering Application and Design
- The following are to links to Hydraulic and Pneumatic design, engineering, tools, articles and other useful data.
- Should you find any errors omissions broken links, please let us know - Feedback
- Do you want to contribute to this section? See Premium Publisher Program
Hydraulic and Pneumatic General
- Chézy and Manning's Equation Manning's equation, based on Chezy's equation, is a common method to calculate the free surface flow.
- Fluid Flow Open Channel Calculator Calculator uses Chézy and Manning's equation
- Manning's Roughness Coefficient Manning's Roughness Coefficient Chart Table
Boyle's Law for Behavior of Gas Boyles Law for Behavior of Gas
Burst Pressure of Pipe or Tube
- Capillary Action Burst Pressure of Pipe or Tubing Equation
- Charles Law for Behavior of Gases Charles Law for Behavior of Gases
- Copper Tubing Size Chart ASTM B88 Copper tube, tubing types and standards based on ASTM B88, Type K, L, and M size, wall thickness and weight specifications.
- Copper Tubing HVAC Size Chart Characteristics Chart of Copper Tube: Medical Gas, K and L per. ASTM B 819.
- Copper Tube Size Chart Medical Gas, K and L Characteristics Chart of Copper Tube: Medical Gas, K and L per. ASTM B 819.
Effective Force of a Cylinder at an Angle to Direction of the Load Travel Effective force of a cylinder working at an angle to direction of the load travel
- Fluid Characteristic Chart Fluid Characteristics Chart for Vapor Pressure kPa, Density, Kinematic Viscosity at specified temperature
- Fluid Pressure Loss Along Pipe Length of Uniform Diameter Pressure drop in pipes, Friction, Vertical pipe difference or elevation, Changes of kinetic energy, Calculation of pressure drop
- Fluids Flow, Aerodynamics Calculate, Mach Number, Reynolds Number, Dynamics Pressure, Viscosity, Laminar CF
Turbulent CF, Density
- Fluid Power, Hydraulics Formula Equations Fluid Power applications, Fluid Velocity on a pipe, Charles Law, and more.
- Hazen-Williams Water Pressure Drop Flow Rates Calculator Equation Hazen–Williams equation is an empirical relationship which relates the flow of water in a pipe with the physical properties of the pipe
- Hazen-Williams Coefficients Table Typical C factors used in the Hazen–Williams equation
- Heat Equivalent of Fluid Power Heat Equivalent of Fluid Power
- Heat Radiating Capacity of a Steel Reservoir Heat Radiating Capacity of a Steel Reservoir
- Hydraulic Cylinder Piston Velocity Speed at which the piston rod of a hydraulic cylinder moves is based on the following equation:
- Hydraulic, General Fluid Power General Design Rules and Application
- Hydraulic Head Pressure Hydraulic head pressure or piezometric head is a specific measurement of liquid pressure above a geodetic datum.
- Hydrostatic Pressure vs Depth Liquid Table Chart Hydrostatic Pressure vs Depth Water Table Chart and Equation
ISO Hydraulic Schematic Symbol Menu ISO Hydraulic Schematic Symbols and other useful data.
- Labyrinth Seal Labyrinth seal is a type of mechanical seal that provides a tortuous path to help prevent leakage.
- Liquid Filtering Systems The ideal liquid / fluid filtering system will remove all foreign contaminants from the liquid
- Moody Chart Moody diagram is a graph in non-dimensional form that relates the Darcy-Weisbach friction factor fD, Reynolds number Re, and relative roughness for fully developed flow in a circular pipe.
- Oil mist Eliminators Review Oil Mist Eliminators trap or filter out oil mist created by machines before the mist is expelled into the ambient environment.
Pipe Schedules standard pipe schedule or pipes sizes as given by ANSI / ASME B36.10M and API 5L
Pipe - Steel Burst Pressure Chart Chart defines the theoretical bursting pressure for carbon steel pipe rated Grade A, seamless tensile strength minimum 48,000 psi
Pipe Strength Equation and Calculator Calculator and associated equations will determine the working pressure of a known diameter pipe.
- Pipe Max Flow Rate Maximum recommended flow rates at the given pressure for ANSI schedule 40 pipe.
- Pipeline Pigs, Pigging Review Pigging in the context of pipelines refers to the practice of using devices known as "pigs" to perform various maintenance operations on a pipeline.
Relationship Between Displacement and Torque of a Hydraulic Motor Equation to determine the torque created by a hydraulic motor with respect to the motors displacement.
Side Load on Pump or Motor Shaft Side Load on Pump or Motor Shaft Equation Calculation
Straight Pipe Threads Table Chart ANSI Straight Pipe Threads for Mechanical Joints, NPSM and NPSL ANSI/ASME B1.20.1, American Pipe Threads Standard.
- Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Standard Tubes Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Standard Tubes Table
- Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 40 Pipe Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 40 Pipe
- Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 80 Pipe Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 80 Pipe
- Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 160 Pipe Velocity and Flow Capacity of Oil Schedule 160 Pipe
Pneumatic System Components
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
Hydraulic System Components
Bag Type Fluid Accumulator - General Design Consists of a seamless high-pressure shell, cylindrical in shape, with domed ends and a synthetic rubber bag
- Electric Motor Actuator Electric motor actuators vary widely in their design and applications.
Fluid Accumulator - General Application Hydraulic accumulator is a pressure storage reservoir in which a non-compressible hydraulic fluid
Hydraulic Actuator / Cylinder Design and Operation Typical piston-type hydraulic actuator
Hydraulic Accumulator Sizing Calculations Most accumulators used within industry are limited to an operating pressure of 3000 psi.
- Hydraulic Shock Absorber Review Hydraulic Shock Absorbers utilize liquid fluid to convert mechanical energy into thermal energy.
- Pinch Valves Review Pinch valve is an hydraulic, pneumatic or industrial pipe valve having a full or partially restricted port control valve for flow passage control.
Piston Type Fluid Accumulator - General Design Accumulator consists of a cylinder assembly, a piston assembly, and two end-cap assemblies
Spring Type Fluid Accumulator - General Design Energy stored in springs to create a constant force on the liquid contained in an adjacent ram assembly.
- Schedule 40 Steel Pipe Sizes & Dimensions ANSI Dimensional - size data for American National Standard Schedule 40 Welded and Seamless Steel Pipe.
- Schedule 80 Steel Pipe Sizes & Dimensions ANSI Data for American National Standard Schedule 80 Welded and Seamless Steel Pipe
- Schedule 40 Plastic PVC, CPVC Pipe Sizes & Dimensions Schedule 40 Plastic PVC, CPVC and Other Pipe Sizes and Dimensions
- Schedule 80 Plastic PVC, CPVC Pipe Sizes & Dimensions Schedule 80 Plastic PVC, CPVC and Other Pipe Sizes and Dimensions
- Plastic PVC, CPVC Pipe Applications Plastic PVC, CPVC, other pipes commonly found within industrial and residential use within North America.
O-Rings / Elastomers
© Copyright 2000 - 2017, by Engineers Edge, LLC www.engineersedge.com
All rights reserved
| Feedback | Advertising