General Civil Engineering
- Acoustic Sound Pressure Level Chart Sound pressure is the local pressure deviation from the ambient (average, or equilibrium) atmospheric pressure, caused by a sound wave.
- Acoustic Loudness Sones Reference Table System Design Guidelines for Room Loudness.
- Acoustic System Design Equations Sound Power (W) - the amount of power a source converts to sound in watts.
- Activated Sludge Wastewater Treatment Plants In conventional (plug-flow) activated sludge plant, the primary-treated wastewater and acclimated micro-organisms (activated sludge or biomass) are aerated in a basin or tank. Premium Membership Required
- Area Development Planning (ADP) for Land and Buildings The process that is commonly used in developing new project sites. Premium Membership Required
- Basic House Building Structure Components and Terminology illustration represents some basic structural component use in the construction of a residential or other structure.
- Commercial Lumber Sizes Standard reference and size data for commercially available lumber within the USA. All data is in imperial units (Inches).
- Asphalt and Concrete Pavement Recycling guidance for preparing plans and specifications and for ensuring the quality of recycled bituminous concrete. Premium Membership Required
- Engineering Properties for Wood #1
- Engineering Properties for Wood #2
- Engineering Properties for Wood #3
- Fastener Design Engineering Manual - Premium Membership Required
- Common Nails Required for Rafter Ceiling Joist Heel Joint Connections Industry standard nail size data chart for rafter ceiling joist and heel.
- Concrete Slab Volume Estimator Calculator Estimate the require concrete volume to fill the width, height and depth given.
- Concrete Footer Volume Estimator Calculator Calculate required concrete volume to fill footing data given.
- Concrete Column Volume Estimator Calculator Estimate the required concrete to fill the quantity, height and diameter of concrete columns.
- Concrete Rectangular Beam Section Analysis Calculator Concrete Rectangular Beam Section Analysis Calculator Beam or One-Way Type Shear per Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Concrete Structural Designers Guide, High Performance Premium Membership Required
- Load Bearing Walls Review & Design Load-bearing wall (or bearing wall) is a wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
- Pavement and Road Design For Seasonal Frost Conditions Procedures for the design and construction of pavements placed on subgrade or base course materials subject to seasonal frost action. Premium Membership Required
- Photogrammetry Calculations & Review Photogrammetry is the art and science of obtaining reliable measurements by photography (metric photogrammetry) and qualitative evaluation of image data (photo interpretation).
- Purlin Roof Structure Review A purlin (or purline) is a horizontal structural member in a roof.
- Reinforcing Rebar Engineering Data Rebar (short for reinforcing bar ), also known as reinforcing steel , reinforcement steel and colloquially in Australia as reo
- Settlement Under Foundations Calculations Approximate relationship between loads on foundations and settlement is:
- Shear Wall Design & Review A shear wall is a wall composed of braced panels (also known as shear panels) to counter the effects of lateral load acting on a structure.
- Soil & Slope Stability Analysis
- Soil Cohesion Values Table Typical soil cohesion values for different soils
- Standard Nail Sizes Engineering Table Box nail size identification chart and nail types,
- Structural Lumber Engineering Properties Structural Lumber Wood Engineering Properties. Modulus of Elasticity of Wood, Wood Engineering Design Data.
- Thermal Properties of Common Building Materials
Civil Engineering Design
- Bearing Capacity of Soils ultimate bearing capacity under a long footing at the surface of a soil is given by Prandtl's equation:
- Bearing Capacity of Soils Analysis and Review Design Document
- Column Stress for Buildings AISC specification for allowable-stress design (ASD) for buildings provides two formulas for computing allowable compressive stress
- Concrete Anchor Pullout Tension Design Calculator Concrete Anchor subjected to Tension Pullout Force per ACI 318-02.
- Concrete Anchor in Tension and Shear Near Edge Concrete Anchor Tension Pullout Force Design Calculator per ACI 318-02.
- Concrete Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02 Calculator Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02
- Concrete Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02 Calculator Case # 5 Anchor Group Tension and Shear Fasteners Near Two Edges Based on ACI 318-02
- Concrete Column Base Plate Design Base plates are usually used to distribute column loads over a large area.
- Concrete Floor Slabs Design Requirements and Equation Floor slabs on grade should be analyzed for adequate structural live loads.
- Concrete Foundation Anchor Bolts Design and Selection Anchor bolt is used to attach objects or structures to concrete.
- Cooling Tower Water Treatment Premium Membership Required
- Diesel Electric Generating Plants - Premium Membership Required
- Flagpole Base Design Calculator Flagpole Base Design requirements per IBC and UBC
- Foundation Design for Building and Structures
- Manual of Concrete Design, ACI
- Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Analysis Beam Torsion and Shear
Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Torsion and Shear
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Rectangular Concrete Beam Section Analysis Crack Control - Distribution of Flexural Reinforcing Flexure, Shear, Crack Control, and Inertia for Singly or Doubly Reinforced Sections
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Rectangular Concrete Beam and Slab Section Analysis Crack Control, and Inertia for Singly or Doubly Reinforced Sections
Per ACI 318-05 Code
- Retaining Wall & Excavation Support Design and Analysis Forces include earth pressures, seepage and uplift pressures, surcharge loads, and weight of the wall.
- Load & Resistance Factor Design for Shear in Buildings American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)specifications for load-and-resistance factor design (LRFD)for buildings,
- Soil Compaction Testing Core Method sand-cone method is used to determine in the field the density of compacted soils in earth
- Soil Permeability Review The coefficient of permeability k is a measure of the rate of flow of water through saturated soil under a given hydraulic gradient
- Soil Settlement Under Foundations For the purpose of wind or earthquake engineering, columns may be designed to resist lateral forces.
- Soil, Stress Conditions Analysis Stress conditions in soils at a point, stresses beneath structures and embankments
- Structural Column Base Plate Columns are frequently used to support beams or arches on which the upper parts of walls or ceilings rest.
- Structural Load Bearing Plates To resist a beam reaction, the minimum bearing length N in the direction of the beam span for a bearing plate is determined by equations.
- Structural Design Criteriafor Buildings Criteria for the design of buildings using cast-in-place or precast construction with plain, reinforced, or prestressed concrete.
- Structural Rectangular Spread Footing Analysis calculator will analysis the rigid rectangular spread footings with up to 8 total piers
- Wind Loading Analysis MWFRS & Clad
WIND LOADING ANALYSIS - MWFRS and Components/Cladding
Per ASCE 7-02
- Wind Loading Analysis per ASCE 7-98 Main Wind-Force Resisting System
Per ASCE 7-98 Code for Low-Rise Buildings
- Wind Map US and Regional Basic Wind Speed Data Chart USA and regional wind data.