Related Resources: calculators
Sphericity of Sphere Formulas and Calculator
Sphericity of a Sphere Formulas and Calculator
Sphericity is, naturally, a measure of how spherical an object is. Defined by Wadell in 1932, the sphericity ψ of a particle is the ratio of the surface area of a sphere with the same volume as the given spherical particle to the surface area of the particle.
The sphericity of a nonspherical particle is always less than 1 and a particle that is a perfect sphere has sphericity value of ψ = 1.000 .
Sphericity is a measure of how closely the shape of an object resembles that of a perfect sphere. For example, the sphericity of the balls inside a ball bearing determines the quality of the bearing, such as the load it can bear or the speed at which it can turn without failing.
Calculator requires a Premium membership
Sphericity of a Sphere can be calculated by the following formula:
Ψ = ( π1/3 ( 6 VP )2/3) / Ap
VP = volume of the particle
Ap = the surface area of the particle
A particle that is a perfect sphere has sphericity value of ψ = 1.)
Machinery's Handbook 30th edition
- Volume and Area of Sphere Equation and Calculator
- Conductive Heat Transfer Sphere Buried Insulated Equation and Calculator
- Sphere in Cylindrical Track Angular Natural Frequency Equations and Calculator
- Sphere Surface Drag Drag Coefficient Equation and Calculator
- Stress in Sphere and Hemispherical Head Seam Equation and Calculator
- Spherical Sector Rotataed Volume, Area Equation and Calculator
- Spherical GD&T Position Tolerance Calculator
Link to this Webpage: