Related Resources: material science
Tension Compression Machine Feature Equation and Calculator
Design calculators and equations for tension and compression of a machine feature with reduces section area..
- Machine components are designed to withstand: applied direct forces, moments and torsion.
- These loads may be applied gradually, suddenly, and repeatedly.
- The design load is equal to the applied load multiplied by a combined shock and fatigue factor, Ks.
- The average applied design stress must be multiplied by a stress concentration factor K
- Calculated deflections are compared with required stiffness.
- The material strength is compared with the maximum stress due to combinations of anticipated loads.
As shown below, + P = Tension and - P = Compression
Reference: Design of Machine Elements, by V.M. Faires, published by: The Macmillan Company, New York/Collier-Macmillan Limited, London, England.
Preview: Tension Compression Machine Feature
All calculators require a Premium Membership
Link to this Webpage: