Thread: Calculus Simplified

Calculus Simplified

How a book written in 1910 could teach you calculus better than some books of today.

calculus.jpg
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Where was this guy when I was struggling mightily through calculus and flunking differential equations? Brought back painful memories even reading it.

While it has been helpful to understand a little bit about how this tool helped to develop the equations I use every day, I can honestly say that in my multi-decade career there has not been a single instance where calculus was required to solve any problem I encountered. Now that is probably more of a statement about the problems I have encountered than about its usefulness as a tool.

Lest any students out there rebel against their professors, I am not saying I didn't need to take it. On the contrary, it gave me a much deeper understanding of how God's natural laws work in the universe. And I understand that, while still imperfect, calculus is one of the best tools we have to approximate our own understanding of that universe.

I share your pain though some of mine was self inflicted. I took Calculus III over the summer in a 5 week semester. I thought that was painful until the next semester I tried Differential Equations and had to drop the course losing some money.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

I don't feel so bad now.

Thanks, you made my day. If I want to know more related to calculus, I will message you