Thread: Machining of Internal Grooves

Machining of Internal Grooves

I have some parts that has internal groove both circular and rectangular. I have difficulties finding a manufacturer for these parts because of the difficulty making these internal grooves. Can anybody suggest a process that can achieve these features? We require this to be kept as single piece, not broken into several pieces to achieve the grooves. Attached are the screenshot of the drawings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Though with few sizes and tolerances specified nor material maybe:

• Casting
    • Investment casting
    • Ram EDM with 90 deg. capability
    • Electroforming
    • 3D Printing

Technically, you have not provided enough information to estimate target process.
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 02-27-2023 at 02:30 PM.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Machining that in one piece is impossible. For example, how would one go about machining a sharp internal three-sided corner? I would examine my requirements for it to be made from one piece. Exactly why? Would a weldment work for you? That's one piece after welding. Must it be metal? Would 3D printing work for you? You have provided VERY little helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_boggs View Post
    Machining that in one piece is impossible. For example, how would one go about machining a sharp internal three-sided corner? I would examine my requirements for it to be made from one piece. Exactly why? Would a weldment work for you? That's one piece after welding. Must it be metal? Would 3D printing work for you? You have provided VERY little helpful information.
    Or braze, glue, crimp, enlarge, etc...
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.