Thread: Best Program for Building Energy Simulation

stephaniejohnson6

Best Program for Building Energy Simulation

Hey guys,

For my ME senior design project, I'm trying to show the current air flow in a cold-storage warehouse from their air distribution system. From there, I would like to show how more fans, etc throughout the warehouse will improve air flow and hopefully cool the product faster. However, I'm new to eQuest and I'm having trouble figuring this out. Any tips? Or would ANSYS work better for this type of application??

In the end, I would love to have two pictures. Both show a model of the warehouse and all of the rack and pallets and boxes and how the air flows around the room now vs. how it would look with more fans.

Thanks!

Best Energy Modeling Software Packages

• EnergyPlus+OpenStudio+Trimble Sketchup.
    • TRACE 700.
    • Carrier HAP.
    • IES VE.
    • DesignBuilder.
    • eQUEST.
    • TRNSYS.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniejohnson6 View Post
    Hey guys,

For my ME senior design project, I'm trying to show the current air flow in a cold-storage warehouse from their air distribution system. From there, I would like to show how more fans, etc throughout the warehouse will improve air flow and hopefully cool the product faster. However, I'm new to eQuest and I'm having trouble figuring this out. Any tips? Or would ANSYS work better for this type of application??

In the end, I would love to have two pictures. Both show a model of the warehouse and all of the rack and pallets and boxes and how the air flows around the room now vs. how it would look with more fans.

Thanks!
    Hello,

For your ME senior design project, eQuest is a suitable tool to analyze the air flow and thermal performance of the cold-storage warehouse. It allows you to model the existing air distribution system and simulate the effects of additional fans. ANSYS could also be used, but eQuest is specifically designed for building energy analysis and would likely be more appropriate for your application. To create the desired pictures, you can utilize eQuest's visualization capabilities to display the airflow patterns in the warehouse before and after implementing the additional fans.