Bending, Deflection and Stress Equations Calculator for Cantilevered Beam with One Load Applied at End
Structural Beam Deflection, Stress, Bending Equations and calculator for a Cantilevered Beam with One Load Applied at End.
Stress at specific point
Stress at the support (must be constant cross section)
Deflection at specified point
Deflection at the unsupported end
|E =||Modulus of Elasticity||psi||
|I =||Moment of Inertia||in4||(mm4)|
|s =||Stress at the cross-section being evaluated||lbs/in2||(N/mm2)|
|=||Some distance as indicated||inches||(mm)|
|x =||Some distance as indicated||inches||(mm)|
|section modulus of the cross-section of the beam = I/z||in3||(mm3)|
|distance from neutral axis to extreme fiber (edge)||inches||(mm)|
- Please note letter "" (lower case "L") is different than "I" (Moment of Inertia).
- Deflections apply only to constant cross sections along entire length.
- Any Machinery's Handbook published since 1931 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 21st Edition, Page 408 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 23st Edition, Page 264 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 27st Edition, Page 265