Bending, Deflection and Stress Equations Calculator for Cantilevered Beam with Uniform Load
Structural Beam Deflection, Stress, Bending Equations and calculator for a Cantilevered Beam with Uniform Load.
Stress at specific point
Stress at the support (must be constant cross section)
Deflection at specified point
Deflection at the unsupported end, With Total load "W"
Deflection at the unsupported end, With Line Pressure Load "p"
|E =||Modulus of Elasticity||psi||
|I =||Moment of Inertia||in4||(mm4)|
|W =||Total Load on Beam (Not Line Load)||lbs||(N)|
|p =||With Line Pressure Load||psi-in||(N/mm)|
|s =||Stress at the cross-section being evaluated||Lbs/in2||(N/mm2)|
|x =||Some distance as indicated||inches||(mm)|
|section modulus of the cross-section of the beam = I/z||in3||(mm3)|
|distance from neutral axis to extreme fiber (edge)||inches||(mm)|
|Length as indicated||inches||(mm)|
- Please note letter "" (lower case "L") is different than "I" (Moment of Inertia).
- Deflections apply only to constant cross sections along entire length.
- Any Machinery's Handbook published since 1931 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 21st Edition, Page 407 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 23st Edition, Page 263 or,
- Machinery's Handbook, 27st Edition, Page 264